Looking for “Help for School Counselors”?
When I was a school counselor, there was no one out there like me offering help for school counselors who had both a background in education and also clinical counseling. As both a former teacher and school counselor, and now a therapist in private practice, I have worked with a lot of issues that effect children and teachers in the school environment. I can potentially help you, the School Counselor, become a great source of support to your campus.
I can help you to:
- determine the most effective interventions for individual and group counseling
- assess and manage crisis situations
- find ways to support teachers who are having difficulty with behavioral issues in the classroom
- support teachers emotionally
- provide stress reduction techniques that you, yourself can utilize, and also share with your students and/or teachers
- establish a system of accountability which reflects documentation that you could take to court if need be
- create groups or clubs that can help students to perform better or behave better
- connect with families to increase the likelihood of parent involvement
Help for School Counselors is available at a consultation rate of $75 per hour. I offer school counselors this rate because I love children, and by helping you, I am helping them. Consultation sessions can take place in person, here at my office, by phone or by video conference. Previous counselors that I have worked with have found the video and phone consultation easy to work into their schedules because it can be done during their lunch or other designated free time. I guess you could say that help is just a phone call away 🙂